Popularity

It's unfortunate when popularity doesn't dissipate after high school.  There is a time when you forget about all of this, and then something happens in  your life when BOOM!! There it is again. I mean there could have been a simple explanation..... but I know different.

It's that feeling deep down inside, where you feel like you want to hurl. Right now, it's the feeling of holding back the pain and tears. Funny thing is... I knew the results even before they were posted. I could have bet money on these results.  When you look at the parties, only some to be chosen, and then really look closely at the people.... results not surprising.  There was a slight glimmer of hope, that maybe things would have gone a little more differently. C'est La Vie??? Meh! 

Editied later:
So, here it is about a week later and I had an event that made me feel needed. I play soccer and I've injured my foot, enough that I will have to miss a game or two.  I've gotten comments from my teammates that I will be missed because I am needed! So, happy feeling back inside :) 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, Unfortunately the popularity thing is a part of life. I do however, agree with you whole-heartedly that the popularity B.S. should have stopped when we left high school. I guess it just goes to show you that some us have grown and matured and the rest are just stuck, clinging to the fleeting glimpse of an unsatisfied youth. Chin up. Your're very popular with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment