30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 11

Topic: Your Current Relationship

It was funny a few posts ago that my hubby asked, why wasn't I mentioned?  It was because the topic didn't cover a time when he was in my life.  This one, however is fully about him! 

Let's review.... We need to go back to 1997. Almost 20 years ago. My friend, that I had gotten to know in first year university, and I were walking through our library to meet up with people she knew.  That was the first time that we had met each other. Fast forward to today. One child, one cat, happy life. The End.

Lol. Just kidding... There is way more to this :)

We started dating, had to deal with living away from each other since we lived in different towns in the summer while going through university. Eventually he moved to town and stayed in the summers.  Then, he had to move away for work. I was still completing my degree and was still in NL for a few more months. *Insert sarcastic cheer here*  That sucks. When you are with someone for so long and then have to be apart, it just downright sucks.

I finished my degree, finally, and moved to Ontario to be together. I was also hopeful in getting a better job opportunity... Well that didn't happen, yet... Fast forward a few years, and I decided to head back to Newfoundland to complete my teacher's degree.  Yes, moved away from each other for a year.. boo...

Get to 2003, and we are back to living together full time, AND planning our wedding. I've started a new career and planning our wedding. I love the help we had gotten from family and friends, and it was a wonderful day.  To match the outdoor lifestyle we both enjoy, our wedding is held on a beach in Newfoundland that we both loved to visit. I would put in a photo, but they are all old school film, nothing digital right now.

We travel, we camp, we travel some more. We eventually decide it's time to start a family.  In 2008, we welcomed an adorable baby boy to our lives.  He is almost 7 now, and from prior posts you can read about why he fascinates me so.

So, I diverted a little there. Current relationship. I have a cooky, sarcastic, lovable, handsome hubby, with a mini version in the making. I am lucky to have them both!

Comments