30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 6

Topic: Someone Who Fascinates You and Why

ACK!! Why are some of these topics so difficult?

Well, after having some time to think about this, I would have to say my 6-almost-7 year old son.  He has such a wonderful, creative mind, that it is hard to keep up with him.  He seems to dream and think up these crazy but well thought out plans throughout his day.  I have a hard time playing Lego's with him, because he has all these ideas, and well let's just face it... I'm a square, house shape building mind. He has created all these crazy contraptions, all with working parts, or should have working parts. *I tried to insert a video... it didn't work*

He can also be calm, cool and collected. Just watching his reading skills accelerate in the past couple of years has been amazing.  Also seen is that our cat has finally become "friends" with him.  It may not always be the case, but they have their moments.

I am loving that he shows a great interest in the things that I do at work.  I had never really dissected anything before, we just never got to that in high school.  There was one day where I had brought home a sheep's eye to dissect, and he was all for it.  It was somewhat gross, but he was so engaged in watching me cut it apart, and then play with all the pieces.

Then let's add in the crazy!  He is definitely a piece of me!  We have that crazy outgoing attitude and I'm loving that. I hope that he stays like this through life and have people that will be fascinated with him just like I am. 


Comments