30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 8

Topic: A Book You Love And One You Didn't

For those of you who know me, I'm not a big reader. I never have been, I try sometimes to get into reading, it lasts for a bit, then I stop for a long time.  I do not like books that have complicated English terms that when I read it, I have no idea what it just said.  I tend to gravitate towards books meant for teens.  I have read a whole bunch of series that students I teach have also read and enjoyed. They are easy and quick books to read, and that's probably another reason why I like them.  But, for choosing a book I love? Bah.... Not happening.  There isn't any book out there where I can say "OMG You just HAVE to read this!!", "It was awesome and I would read it over and over again". There are probably some of you that think I'm crazy, you probably have THAT book where you have those thoughts. Not me. I just don't have that kind of mind.

If I were to talk about a book I didn't love... well any book that I have started to read, then tossed it because of the reasons I listed above. Being forced to read book in school was the hardest thing.  There were a couple that I enjoyed, but mostly I didn't.  I even had a course in university where we were suppose to read 5 books for the semester.  I read 1 1/2, I think... Then watched the movies, if they were available... and for the ones that I couldn't get into, and there was no movie, I never completed.  Good thing there was choice on the final exam :P

So if anyone is wanting some advice on books to read, I'll leave that for my book loving friends. 

That's it. Short and sweet today.

Comments